About

Lemmingball Z

Lemmingball Z is a fighting game for linux and windows, loosely based on `Dragonball Z` the hit anime. And when we say loosely based, we mean with a big twist. Instead off the normal characters from the anime, this game features cute LEMMINGS fighting DBZ style!

Main features

• Destructible 3d terrain
  • Ability to add your own levels/characters/moves to the game
  • Multiplayer with 2-4 players online or local
  • Good old-fashioned Hot-seat play
  • Slow-motion, like in “The Matrix”
  • Fancy graphics, like cell-shading and stuff
  • Netplay, without configuring or hamachi
  • Stupid AI to practice with
  • Blood! lots of it! ?

History

LBZ was created somewhere at the end of 1999 and the start of 2000. It was my first try at making a game, up till then i only coded small utility’s/effects. LBZ was first written in Quick BASIC, for DOS and it had 800×600 resolution and sprites, and very basic gameplay. When the game became to big for basic, i ported it to PASCAL and then almost immediately to C++ (using OpenGL for graphics). After this LBZ quickly evolved, it got features like destructible terrain and slow-motion.

The future

LBZ is a bit of a “pet project”…. it will constantly evolve. I don’t plan on stopping with this, since it’s a lot of fun working on LBZ! Things i would like to create for LBZ in the future include:

• Interactive levels, with scripts, triggered events
  • 100% mod-ability! Be able to mod any aspect of the game. 60% done.
  • Ports to most major game consoles

302 thoughts on “About”

1. guys how can i login with an account when i try to login and i paste the code it says query failed and i cant login in so pls try to fix it

2. Do you have a forums when you post more updates? it would be cool to ask about certain characters.

3. This neeeds to be on phones. Put some annoying adds, and small fee to remove them

Comments are closed.